Optimal Strategy for Joker Wild Video Poker
Below is the optimal playing strategy for Joker Wild video poker, one of the most popular video poker types. Joker as an additional card gives more chances to hit decent combination. This game is pretty similar to Jacks or Better, but has different payout table. Calculated return with the optimal video poker strategy is about 99.46% The common rule for all video pokers with Joker is to hold any “three of a kind” hands, any four cards to Royal Flush even not seeing that there is already a valued hand. Also do not forget that the Joker could be a part of any combination.
- a. You should hold any four cards for Straight Flush, and any two suited Ace and King.
- b. Hold any three cards for Royal Flush.
- c. Keep a pair of Aces or a pair of Kings.
- d. Hold any three for Straight Flush.
- e. If you weren’t dealt any valued cards – just keep the Joker.
- f. Keep any pair.
- g. Hold any four suited cards.
- h. Hold any Ace or King.
- i. Hold any suited two cards for Royal Flush.