Optimal strategy for Jacks or Better video poker
For those who never played video poker online, the strategy may seem a bit hard-to-learn, but there is nothing complicated for experiences payers. Playing with the optimal strategy will give online casino the minimum advantage over the player. Expected result is estimated to about 99.54%, leaving less than 0.5% for the casino. There are also several versions of Jacks or Better video poker for different software, but the rules below are for average game and could be used at any online casino.
- a. If you were dealt four cards to Royal Flush – hold it to make Flush, Straight or Straight Flush.
- b. Hold four cards for Straight Flush, you may also get Flush or Straight.
- c. If you have three cards to straight Flush – hold it and draw other two cards.
- d. For two cards to Royal Flush – draw three more.
- e. If you have two pairs or four cards for Flush – draw one to get the best combination.
- f. If you’ve got a top-pair (Jacks or better) – draw three cards.
- g. If you were dealt a High Card (Jack, Queen, King or Ace) – draw four cards.