Optimal Strategy for Deuces Wild Video Poker
Video pokers with any Wild symbol or Joker symbol are much different from usual video pokers because an additional symbol does affect on payouts and combinations. There are also several additional combinations, i.e. “Wild Royal Flush”. “Five of a kind” or “Four Deuces”. Calculated payout return is about 99.27% assuming that there is one deck. Also the situation with straight flushes is different. See the set of rules below.
- a. You should keep any 5 of a kind or Royal Flush.
- b. If you were dealt two suited high cards – keep them to get the Royal Flush.
- c. If two deuces came to the board – hold two to get Straight, or higher combination. Also you should keep any 4OK, Straight Flush and Four Deuces.
- d. If you were dealt only one deuce – you should hold any hand you’ve got, except of:
– Keep four high cards for Royal flush, Straight, Straight Flush.
– Keep three high cards for Royal Flush.
– If you’ve got two pairs – keep only one.
– Keep four cards for Flush, and draw one.
– Keep four cards for Straight.
– Keep four cards for Straight-draw.
- e. If you’ve got Q-K, Q-J, or 10-J suited – keep them and draw three cards.
- f. If you were dealt four cards to Wild Royal Flush (Deuce Royal) – keep them and draw fifth.
- g. If you’ve got three Deuces and two weak cards – hold Deuces and draw two cards.