Bally Technologies (formerly, Advanced Patent Technology) was established in 1968 and made a move into the gambling industry in 1979. Today, this is a Las Vegas headquartered company with impeccable track record, which manufactures casino management systems, cabinets, lottery, electronic tables and video pokies for online casinos. Many of their memorable online pokies like Quick Hit series, Playboy Hot Zone and Cash Spin were originally designed for land-based casinos, but in their effort to expand into more casino markets, Bally have produced around 40 online pokies, as of today.
6 quick facts about Bally’s games
- 1. Most pokies feature minimal but pretty artwork with predominantly classic style and symbols like bars, dollar signs, bells and cherries.
- 2. Bally enhanced the interactivity of their pokies by rolling out the U-Spin technology that adds a virtual bonus wheel to a specific pokie with Minor and Major progressive jackpots. As of writing, there are 7 pokies of the series.
- 3. Most pokies have 30 or 40 fixed paylines and some are based on the 243 ways mechanic.
- 4. Five reels with 3 rows is still a trendy reel layout that all pokie developers lean toward. As contrasted to the competition, Bally make ample use of the 5x4 configuration.
- 5. Nearly every pokie has a wild symbol, scatter and free spins bonus. Free spins often have an interesting twist. For example, in Lady Robin Hood, you are to collect arrows and win full reels of wilds. In Moon Goddess, Moon symbols are collected during free spins and then used to morph symbols into wild.
- 6. Bally has a collection of five non-progressive pokies under the Quick Hit series. These pokies are famous for mega jackpots reaching $1 million.